Squib Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Common Room, Sitting bt the fireplace

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
angostin

angostin

Common Room, Sitting bt the fireplace Empty
PostSubject: Common Room, Sitting bt the fireplace   Common Room, Sitting bt the fireplace EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 3:15 am

Stinnikus sat down near the window staring out at the dark sky.
Ah, Night time should be the only time of day Thought Stin.

He looked down at his advanced classes homework that was not due for a week.

I had better not get praised for being done it all already. I hate it when that happens.

Stinnikus looked around the common room.

Hmm, I guess it would be empty at 4:00am.
Back to top Go down
omgits_aubrey

omgits_aubrey

PostSubject: Creepin'   Common Room, Sitting bt the fireplace EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 5:45 am

Valora crept down the staircase and into the common room. Halfway down, she noticed a Ravenclaw boy sitting by the window.
Hey, that's my spot she thought.
She stopped and waited to see if he had heard her tiptoeing her way around, it didn't seem so. Who was this boy? Valora hadn't seen him before....she watched him with curious eyes and waited for him to leave.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brey-scape.tk
angostin

angostin

PostSubject: Re: Common Room, Sitting bt the fireplace   Common Room, Sitting bt the fireplace EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 9:11 am

Stinnikus soon felt like he was being watched.

Bah, I just can't get some piece and quite. Thought Stin.

He got up. Packed up his stuff and headed for his room.

At least I still don't seem to have any roommates. I guess my request from last year was answered.
Back to top Go down
omgits_aubrey

omgits_aubrey

PostSubject: Re: Common room, sitting at the fireplace.   Common Room, Sitting bt the fireplace EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 10:55 am

Valora watched as the boy got up and packed his things.
She ducked into the shadows, staying hidden until he left. After he was out of sight, she crept out from the darkness and went to the window where he had seated himself before. She looked out the window, searching for whatever he had found so interesting, but found nothing. The clouds grew dark and it started to drizzle.
Great, just what I need, more doom and gloom.
She plopped off of the windowsill and walked over the sofa near the fireplace. Valora let her self sink into the comfy couch. The warmth of the fireplace warmed her body and her lids became heavy.
I guess this place isn't that bad...
Back to top Go down
angostin

angostin

PostSubject: Re: Common Room, Sitting bt the fireplace   Common Room, Sitting bt the fireplace EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 9:28 am

Stinnikus woke early that morning, only getting 2 hours of sleep and walked down the stairs into the common room.
Hmpt, look that girl is sleeping in the chair. How foolish.

Stin crept back to the windows edge and finished what he was up to.

Glad she is not talented enough to find what I was doing Thought Stin.

Stinnikus then packed up and left the common room.

Hmm. I am already done my Charms homework and I doubt we are doing anything exciting in my advanced charms class anyways. I think I just won't go today

With that thought Stinnikus was gone.
Back to top Go down
omgits_aubrey

omgits_aubrey

PostSubject: Re: Common room, sitting at the fireplace.   Common Room, Sitting bt the fireplace EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 2:06 pm

Valora awoke to the feeling of Cypress slithering around her arm.
"Oh! God, Cypress, scare me half to death! You can't possibly be hungry already, can you?"
Valora sat up and looked around, rubbing her eyes of morning scum. It was sunny throughout the common room and nobody seemed to be around. She reached up to feel her tangled hair and wiped the bit of drool off her cheek.
How embarrassing, I hope nobody saw me like this...What time is it?
She unwillingly lifted herself from the couch and walked up the stairs to the girls dorm. She opened the door to her bedroom, and saw Jordan sitting on her bed, with her nose in yet another book.
"Goodmorning." Valora said in the sweetest voice possible. She felt bad for the day before, when she had been so rude.
"You mean, good afternoon." Jordan hissed back at her.
"Oh, sorry. Look, I apologize for being to rude the other day," Valora ran her fingers through her hair, "I have a tough time leaving the people I love, my grandmother's all I have, and well, it's always tough to come here, that's all."
"No problem." was all Jordan said in return.
Valora shrugged it off, she had done her best. She wasn't very good with apologies and didn't make them often. She looked at the clock and realized that she was late for Potions.
Oh no! Slughorn is going to kill me, or worse!
Valora quickly gathered her things and ran down the flight of stairs leading back to the Ravenclaw common room. In her hurry, she tripped and her papers scattered all over the floor.
"Bugger!" she yelled as she scooped them up.
As she was picking up her things, she noticed a crumpled parchment sitting near the windowsill.
What's this? This doesn't look like mine...
She flattened out the parchment and began to read....

Stinnikus Atkings
Advanced Charms
Professor Flitwick

Hmm, looks like the guy from the window must have dropped this earlier. How easy it would be to change the name on top with just a little magic...
Valora pulled out her wand and began to cast a quick spell.
"Changallama Ara-"
She stopped.
No, I mustn't. He's just too innocent and I am sure I will stumble upon him again later, but for now I suppose I will just put it in with my things...
Valora finished picking up her parchments and books, and began to place Stinnikus' homework in her bag...
Back to top Go down
kaileen_

kaileen_

PostSubject: Re: Common Room, Sitting bt the fireplace   Common Room, Sitting bt the fireplace EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 2:20 pm

Cassie smirked, having seen her hesitation.

"He's so smart, he'd probably just write it all again in five seconds once he'd realized it was gone."

She folded her arms and leaned against the doorway. "I don't think I've seen you around before."
Back to top Go down
omgits_aubrey

omgits_aubrey

PostSubject: Re: Common room, sitting at the fireplace.   Common Room, Sitting bt the fireplace EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 2:32 pm

Valora jumped at the strangers sudden voice.
"Crap! You scared me!" she laughed.
Valora studied the girl but didn't seem to recognize her either, was she new? Or had Valora really had her nose so high last year that she had overlooked her own house mate?
"I'm Valora, Valora Veeruhm." she smiled and stuck out her hand.
Back to top Go down
kaileen_

kaileen_

PostSubject: Re: Common Room, Sitting bt the fireplace   Common Room, Sitting bt the fireplace EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 3:23 pm

"Hey there. Cassie." She gripped her hand firmly and shook.
The hat wanted me to be in Slytherin, she remembered with despair. It was obvious that this was somebody who was a true Ravenclaw. She was supposed to be in Slytherin. She'd heard that Harry Potter was also supposed to go to Slytherin, so maybe there was a chance she'd become as famous as he was. He was thirty now, and too committed to his family for adventures, but everyone still talked about Voldemort's demise as if it had happened last year.
"We're late for class." She gave a hand gesture, said, "Stin's homework," and then burned it when she received it.
"I have Slughorn, too. We could walk together. Or rather, run."
Back to top Go down
omgits_aubrey

omgits_aubrey

PostSubject: Re: Common room, sitting at the fireplace.   Common Room, Sitting bt the fireplace EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 3:30 pm

Valora watched in horror as she watched Stin's hard work go up in flames.
All that hard work...
She remember how she had done the same to a first years' homework the year before, giggling as he watched him explain to a teacher how he had 'accidentally' caught it on fire while practicing his magic, close to tears.
How awful I was...
She shook the memory from her brain and came back to present time. She looked down at the ashes that was Stin's finished advanced charms homework only moments ago.
"Uh, sure. We could do that, but I'd prefer to walk, really, I don't mind being late, I didn't do my homework last night. I dozed off on the couch, unintentionally. I'd rather spare myself the embarrassment of being shunned in front of the entire class. Perhaps I will just skip, care to join me?"
Back to top Go down
kaileen_

kaileen_

PostSubject: Re: Common Room, Sitting bt the fireplace   Common Room, Sitting bt the fireplace EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 3:36 pm

"Sure," she muttered, hesitating. Cassie didn't like skipping much. They walked out of the common room.

((Should we be skipping to a "around school" thread?" And wow. What an amazing post this is.))
Back to top Go down
omgits_aubrey

omgits_aubrey

PostSubject: Re: Common room, sitting at the fireplace.   Common Room, Sitting bt the fireplace EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 9:14 am

Valora stepped outside the common room with Cassie, feeling a bit uneasy, Should she be getting involved with somebody like this? Somebody that was far to much alike she was her previous years at Squib. She didn't want to fall back into her old patterns.
Poor Stinnikus, I hope it isn't too much work to redo the paper. I hope he doesn't think it was me, but if he asks, will I be able to tell him the truth? I wouldn't want to rat her out...
Valora thought about this as they walked together back to the common room (Valora had forgotten to pick up her bag). Making friends with the wrong people was not something she wanted to do this year...
"So, are you planning on going to the Fools Ball?" Valora asked, trying to strike up some sort of conversation so things wouldn't feel so awkward.

Last edited by omgits_aubrey on Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
angostin

angostin

PostSubject: Re: Common Room, Sitting bt the fireplace   Common Room, Sitting bt the fireplace EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 9:27 am

Stinnikus entered the common room and saw two girls talking.

"Hey, have you seen any of my...."
Stinnikus looked at the ground and say some ashes.
"Oh so I guess you had tome fun. Aw well, I always make copies of it anyways. I guess my friend will have to do his own this time."

Stinnikus started to walk to the boys dorms when he felt the girls still looking at him.
Back to top Go down
omgits_aubrey

omgits_aubrey

PostSubject: Re: Common Room, Sitting bt the fireplace   Common Room, Sitting bt the fireplace EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 12:36 pm

Valora reached for her bags, waiting for Cassie's response when she noticed Stinnikus walking through the common room door.
"Hey, have you seen any of my...." Stinnikus started to say.
He glanced over at the ashes on the floor, that were once his homework.
Oh crap. I should have cleaned that up, we're busted!
"Oh so I guess you had some fun. Aw well, I always make copies of it anyways. I guess my friend will have to do his own this time." he said with a smile.
Valora watched in awe as he walked past them and headed towards the boys dorms. How could he have been so...so, so calm? Valora would have been furious if someone had done the same to her. Of course, she wasn't smart enough to make copies of her homework, but what was the need? Valora's mind raced.
Why did he make copies of his own homework? He said his friend would have to do his own this time, why is he doing homework for his friends? How did he know to look at the floor when he came in? Why would he assume it was us and why is he so damn cute?!
Valora sighed, and watched him continue to walk up the stairs, a small bounce in his step. She was about to daydream when she remembered Cassie was still there...
"Cute butt, right?" Valora hinted towards Stinnikus and giggled.
Back to top Go down
kaileen_

kaileen_

PostSubject: Re: Common Room, Sitting bt the fireplace   Common Room, Sitting bt the fireplace EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 9:17 am

She barely spared Stin a glance. "Sure, whatever," she said absentmindedly, and inconspicuously banished the ashes from the floor. Obviously this girl was not right in the head. You were supposed to talk about these things in private--not right where the guy in question could hear.
She brandished her arms toward the corridor. "Shall we get on with our lives?"
Back to top Go down
omgits_aubrey

omgits_aubrey

PostSubject: Re: Common room, sitting at the fireplace.   Common Room, Sitting bt the fireplace EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 9:27 am

Valora stood for just a minute longer watching Stin make his way up the rest of the staircase.
"Shall we get on with our lives?" Cassie said, interrupting. Her smile dropped. Obviously this girl wasn't one for ooing and awing over boys.
"Oh, uh, sure. Want to head over to Honeydukes? I could really go for some licorice wands." Valora said.

OOC: perhaps we should move this one over to the off school grounds (:
Back to top Go down
kaileen_

kaileen_

PostSubject: Re: Common Room, Sitting bt the fireplace   Common Room, Sitting bt the fireplace EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 10:06 am

((Sure thing.))

"I guess," she said uneasily. "We're late for potions, though... I hate make-up work. How about after school?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Common Room, Sitting bt the fireplace   Common Room, Sitting bt the fireplace Empty

Back to top Go down

Common Room, Sitting bt the fireplace
Page 1 of 1