Squib Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sitting by the Fire

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kara!

Kara!

Sitting by the Fire Empty
PostSubject: Sitting by the Fire   Sitting by the Fire EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 10:13 am

Felicity slipped into one of the big, comfy chairs that was always infront of the fire, letting the flames dance on her skin. It felt good, to finally relax from her day, even though it hadn't been a particilarily (spch) busy one.
She didn't even open her eyes when she heard a student (perhapse more than one, she couldn't tell) approaching the warm sanctuary that was the only means of heat in the dungeons.
Back to top Go down
ehnnie25

ehnnie25

PostSubject: Re: Sitting by the Fire   Sitting by the Fire EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 5:36 pm

Lucille plopped down on a huge sofa, noticing that Felicity was sitting on a couch nearby, directly in front of the fireplace. Ick. Lucille didn't like being so near to flames; she much preferred the coldness of the rest of the common room over the heat. Fire always made her feel like she was in hell or something.

Anyway, she was glad that the day was nearly over. An hour more and they'd be having dinner, and after that, she could finally get to sleep. She was exhausted, to say the least. She had tons of homework, she received a stupid anonymous letter this morning, and sprained her leg thanks to Royce.

"Cereal!" she exclaimed when a large barn owl swooped down on her lap. "It's been a while since I last saw you, where've you been, boy?" She let him nip at her fingers while her other hand ruffled his feathers.

"Felicity," she said, cocking her head to one side. "Are you okay?" She stared at her. She looks so peaceful. That was weird, considering that she looked like she was going to be a burnt piece of pastry in a matter of seconds.
Back to top Go down
Kara!

Kara!

PostSubject: Re: Sitting by the Fire   Sitting by the Fire EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 1:17 am

Felicity opened one eye to see Lucille sitting down on one of the squishy sofas that usually was completley full. "Oh yes," she said with a sigh, "just sitting here." She smiled at Lucille. "Are you writing a letter?" she asked, nodding her head towards the owl.
Back to top Go down
ehnnie25

ehnnie25

PostSubject: Re: Sitting by the Fire   Sitting by the Fire EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 9:39 am

"I wasn't planning to," answered Lucille, "But now that you mentioned it...I haven't written to my mum in a while, so I guess I could do that now." She smiled at Felicity. "Do you write to your parents?" she asked casually, thinking of her own father. Wish he was alive.

She shook her head a little and pulled out her wand, muttering "Accio" as she pointed at her quill, ink bottle, and parchment lying on a far table. The items zoomed towards her and landed on her lap, like her owl. She spread the parchment on a table in front of her, dipped her quill in ink, and started writing.

"M'kay, Cereal, you're going to send this to mother later."
Back to top Go down
Kara!

Kara!

PostSubject: Re: Sitting by the Fire   Sitting by the Fire EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 10:22 am

"Sometimes," Felicity told her, "but I see them at both breaks, so that's usally when I tell them everything that's been going on." She thought of her dad, who couldn't wait until she was old enough to show him some of the magic she'd learned here. It made her smile to think of her parents, and she wondered if Icky (who she had just found out was her half-brother) would want to meet them. Probably not. "Cereal, that's a cute name." Felicity told Lucille.
Back to top Go down
ehnnie25

ehnnie25

PostSubject: Re: Sitting by the Fire   Sitting by the Fire EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 10:49 am

"Oh, I only ever get to see my mum during summer," she said while finishing up her letter. Love, Lucille. There, all done. She folded the piece of parchment and tied it around Cereal's leg. "I spend Christmas here at Hogwarts, since my mother is usually on business trips during winter. I hate it, I wish I could be home with her on Christmas."

She frowned and glanced at Felicity. She looked deep in thought. I wonder what she's thinking of? "You have any siblings?" she asked, "I don't. It gets pretty lonely." She shrugged. Not that she wanted a brother or sister. She was fine on her own, thanks.

"Cereal, that's a cute name." Lucille smiled. "Thanks, my dad named him," she said shortly.
Back to top Go down
Kara!

Kara!

PostSubject: Re: Sitting by the Fire   Sitting by the Fire EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 12:33 pm

"Erm... no. I haven't really wanted one that much either." Felicity wasn't sure if Icky wanted everyone knowing that they were related in any way, so she kept it to herself. She moved her chair a few inches back from the fire, for it was starting to hurt her skin. She felt like a moth, attracted to light.
Back to top Go down
ehnnie25

ehnnie25

PostSubject: Re: Sitting by the Fire   Sitting by the Fire EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 12:42 pm

Lucille smirked to herself when Felicity moved a few inches away from the fireplace. See? Flames are dangerous, she thought and rested her elbow on the armrest, propping her chin on one hand. It was a slow conversation, but she liked it, somehow. She felt relaxed now, just slouching back on the squishy sofa, talking to her friend. It took her mind off things.

"I don't really want a sibling myself," she replied, nodding in agreement. However, Felicity's face had a sudden look of uneasiness, and Lucille didn't want her to think she was prying.

Deciding that a topic change was called for, she asked the question she had heard people say so many times: "Who's your date for the Fool's Ball?" She frowned, remembering that she hadn't found one for herself. Oh, well, nevermind.

She watched lazily as Cereal flew out the window, her letter attached to his leg.
Back to top Go down
Kara!

Kara!

PostSubject: Re: Sitting by the Fire   Sitting by the Fire EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 12:23 am

"Oh, no one yet." Felicity said. She wasn't really sure if she wanted a date, she'd rather just talk to her friends. "What about you?" Felicity wasn't sure wheather or not she already knew this about her friend. Gah, sometimes, there are just to many people in this school. she thought. So many people to keep track of, remember their conversations, it could eaisly make someone go crazy.
Back to top Go down
Kara!

Kara!

PostSubject: Re: Sitting by the Fire   Sitting by the Fire EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 12:24 am

Ooc;; I'll be gone for about three days, so I won't reply till then. :p
Back to top Go down
ehnnie25

ehnnie25

PostSubject: Re: Sitting by the Fire   Sitting by the Fire EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 9:00 am

"Same. Don't have a date," she answered with an I-Don't-Care shrug. She really didn't care. She was better off on her own. In fact, she might not even go to the Fool's Ball...her mother did say something about going out of town for a week, and since the ball wasn't mandatory, she just might skip it and join her mum.

"I don't think I'll even be around for the ball..." she trailed off, thinking of the all-you-can-eat buffet. She was going to miss that?! Noooo.

((ooc: That's fine.^^ And we're having a family trip during the week that the Fool's Ball is held, so... Sad))
Back to top Go down
Kara!

Kara!

PostSubject: Re: Sitting by the Fire   Sitting by the Fire EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 9:11 am

"Yeah, I think my parents are pulling my out for that whole week." Felicity said, deep in though. She clapped her hands together, looking considerably happier. "Oh, well now I don't need to worry about that any more!" she said brightly. The idea of a dance had never sounded like a good one to her to begin with anyways.
Back to top Go down
ehnnie25

ehnnie25

PostSubject: Re: Sitting by the Fire   Sitting by the Fire EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 12:39 pm

Lucille laughed at Felicity's sudden cheerfulness. "So you don't like going to balls either, huh?" she chuckled. "I think it's stupid...It's just for overly-romantic couples." She rolled her eyes. Now, how many of these overly-romantic couples did she hear about? Alice Crawford and Caleb Hathaway for sure...and then there's the less yucky pairings of Adelina and Royce, and Valora and Stin. She was sure there would be more couples, but those were the ones she knew about.

"Actually," she added thoughtfully, "The only sensible thing about the Fool's Ball is the all-you-can-eat buffet. And maybe music, if the band they hire is good." She cocked her head to one side. I think the Weird Sisters are playing...the members must be old now, but they're still pretty good...

She looked at Felicity again. "Sure you don't have anyone in mind?"
Back to top Go down
Kara!

Kara!

PostSubject: Re: Sitting by the Fire   Sitting by the Fire EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 8:31 am

"Haha, no. Balls are just a chance for people to show off." Felicity told Lucille. "And for food. I agree completley, all you can eat buffet is simply amazing." She smiled at the one part of the ball that actually might make it worthwhile going to." She thoguht about the last part of what Lucille had said. "No... no one I can think of right now, anyways." she said with a laugh. "What about yourself?"
Back to top Go down
ehnnie25

ehnnie25

PostSubject: Re: Sitting by the Fire   Sitting by the Fire EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 5:55 pm

"Oh yeah," Lucille chortled, "The buffet is going to be amazing, from what I've heard. Amazingly delicious."And they're hiring the Weird Sisters for music, I reckon they're a good band." She nodded as second thoughts rushed through her mind. Maybe she would go to the ball...but she didn't want to go alone, and she didn't want to have to dance around like a fool....

Deciding that she would go and have dinner (all this talk about the buffet made her hungry for sure), she said to Felicity, Ï'll go have dinner now. Sure you won't come with me and have some too?" She then exited the common room, all the while thinking of - food.
Back to top Go down
Kara!

Kara!

PostSubject: Re: Sitting by the Fire   Sitting by the Fire EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 2:07 am

"No, I'll just stay here." Felicity said, closing her eyes again. "Have a nice dinner."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sitting by the Fire   Sitting by the Fire Empty

Back to top Go down

Sitting by the Fire
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Squib Roleplay :: First Term :: Slytherin Common Room-
Jump to: