Squib Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Roleplaying Thread

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kaileen_

kaileen_

Roleplaying Thread Empty
PostSubject: Roleplaying Thread   Roleplaying Thread EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 7:54 am

((Here we go! Thanks for your interest in the Gifted roleplays. (: I'll post the plot and we can commence our roleplay.))

Government officials have become increasingly obsessed with creating a master race, so they granted themselves to start up a town that would be examined and bred to produce the perfect human race. In order to keep them contained, the government stripped them of their imagination.

Hence, the citizens of this town cannot imagine a better life, or even imagine something like themselves with a big nose.
It's gotten really bad, and it's gotten to the point where they are basically lifeless.

There is one hope, and that is a group of teenagers who got into a nuclear reactor one day, and slightly mutated. This freed up their imagination and they were free to think. But they also acquired superpowers. Their only hope is to escape from the town and escape to Washington, DC, where they might be able to find someone to help them. Unfortunately, the evil government officials catch them escaping, and they've been following ever since.

It's up to this group of teenagers to save their families from their own demise and to bring the corrupt government to justice.
Back to top Go down
kaileen_

kaileen_

Roleplaying Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Thread   Roleplaying Thread EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 7:58 am

((I understand I also posted this under characters. I put this here also, because I really think that it starts up the plot, too. xD))

"Hello?" Faith called, waving a hand in front of her mother's face. She remained blank and unresponsive, except for blinking.

She'd been this way for--oh, could it really have been a few days?

"Mom, I'm Faith. Answer me. I am your daughter."

She groaned, her eyes flickered, and she mumbled, "my daughter doesn't look like you."

Faith sighed, pulled her short brown hair, and thought. "Thursday I was wearing my hair up, and I was wearing this green sweater..." She hastened to appear like Thursday's clone.

Her mother lit up the moment she came back into the room. "Faith, dear! There you are!"

Faith Young awoke screaming. She'd been expecting dreams with government officials with leering faces, and braced herself for it. But she hadn't thought there would be dreams of her own, sweet family...

She pulled herself into a fetal position on the ground and sniffled for several minutes. She was sixteen, for crying out loud. She wasn't supposed to be the heroic one. That was her dad's job... but now her dad was sitting on the floor with glazed blue eyes, that used to be so much like Faith's...

Eventually sitting up, the fifteen year old attempted to brush the dust out of her short brown hair, and stood up. At least she wasn't all alone. There were the ones who had escaped with her, but they were still asleep.

Faith made her way to one of the sleeping figures and poked them, shook them, did anything to try and wake him/her up.
Back to top Go down
Pastels

Pastels

Roleplaying Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Thread   Roleplaying Thread EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 10:07 am

[OOC: Poofs in afro ]

Avis felt something shake her, apparently trying to wake her up. “Go away, Ann,” she commanded absentmindedly, her voice droopy with sleep. By Ann, of course, she was referring to her younger sister. She was around five and so bubbly with energy. She would wake up before anyone else in her family, then what would she do? Obvious: wake Avis up to play with her. Though Avis wouldn't call basketball 'playing'. Ann would push and tug, even scream until Avis wakes up.

Hey, a five year-old got to do what a five year-old got to do to stay occupied.

Except, guess what? This time, Avis didn’t hear any screams. Odd. Screams always followed her “go away, Ann” command. Surprised, Avis almost opened her eyes when reality sunk in. Oh, of course. She wasn’t at home anymore. Homesickness twisted in her belly. Not for the first time, of course. She missed her big family and found herself wondering what they were doing right now. Probably busy with their own boring routine as usual.

No worries. She had these teens now. Plus, they were closer to her age. She was sure she could make the best of this situation.

With that, Avis decided to wake up. First came the hard step of opening her eyes. It was a hard thing to do for the sleepy soul, but she managed it. Next step was the hardest, actually pulling yourself up. She decided to skip that step for now.

“Wha che want?” She asked sleepily. Her words always came out that way early in the morning, when she didn’t have much energy to speak.
Back to top Go down
kaileen_

kaileen_

Roleplaying Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Thread   Roleplaying Thread EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 10:11 am

"Oh, er...."

Now that she thought about it, telling Avis that she was afraid probably wasn't the smartest thing to do. You never knew, all kinds of teasers were out there.

"...I think we should get moving," she mumbled finally. "Help me wake everyone else up?"

She walked over to another person, a guy this time, and began to prod. "Hey there, wake up."

Last edited by kaileen_ on Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..I just realized how short this post is. (:)
Back to top Go down
Pastels

Pastels

Roleplaying Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Thread   Roleplaying Thread EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 10:29 am

“Sure ting.”

Ting meaning ‘thing’.

Shrugging, Avis decided to pull herself up. After much struggle with her “just go back to sleep” inner voice, she managed to stand on her two feet. Smiling, she completely ignored her craving to fall back to sleep again, making her way to another sleeping figure instead. It was a weird thing. Most people with adventurous personalities usually don’t have problems waking up in the morning. But, apparently, that quality was left out of her. Still, she did wish she could just leap up at the first sign of sunlight.

She began shaking the sleeping figure.

Once.
Twice.
Three times.

Ok, not working. Sighing, she decided to try something else. Something that had the potential to wake a couple of people at the same time. Except could she do it? After all, it was morning. She decided to try. Taking a deep breath, she yowled as loud as she could, “WAAAAKUP”. Yup, it came out more as whack than wake. But, hey, the whole point was so it’ll be loud enough to wake up these teens. Didn’t mater the words spoken.
Back to top Go down
crumblycookiecrumbs

Roleplaying Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Thread   Roleplaying Thread EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 10:30 am

"Blarf." Blake muttered incoherently, rolling in his sleep. "What?" He felt himself being shook and he slowly sat up, asking groggily, "Is there an earthquake or something?" He glanced at the girl, and then said all cheesily, "Well, if it is, it must be the best earthquake of my life." He flashed her his perfect white teeth and then lifted up his hand, while absentmindely wiping the sleep from his eyes. "I'm... Blake," he said, tongue tied. [That's my name, right?] He thought stupidly.
She looked at it skeptically, and then shook it. "Faith."
He laughed quietly under his breath. "Now all we need is Hope and we'll have a party." He grinned, and then immediately stopped when he saw Faith's expression. Oh, man, what was wrong with him? He always said the wrong thing when around a pretty girl. He hadn't meant it that way, but now he wasn't quite sure what to say.
Back to top Go down
kaileen_

kaileen_

Roleplaying Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Thread   Roleplaying Thread EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 10:39 am

((I don't think I mentioned Faith's power. Wow. Oversight on my part. xD.

Temporal duplication:

Ability to bring past and future versions of oneself back to the present.))

"Umm..." she halted, staring suspiciously into his eyes. Yeah, he was a weirdo. She hadn't really expected less, honestly--the guys these days... Well, at least, the ones who still had an imagination... "Hope's my mother's name." Well, no, it wasn't, but she was enjoying the reactions this guy had.

Around them, the other teenagers began to groan.

"Blake, ever been around this road?" She grinned at him, a challenge in her eyes.
Back to top Go down
crumblycookiecrumbs

Roleplaying Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Thread   Roleplaying Thread EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 10:44 am

"It is?" He looked at her ruefully, and then seeing something different in her eyes (he had always been good at reading other's emotions) he said, "Are you sure? I really don't think it is." A smile played on his lips once more and then he answered the second question. "Yes, for your information, I [have] been down this road before. Okay. Good for you. You figured it out." He glanced at her spitefully, unsure of quite what to think of this girl. She was feisty, alright. "Now, let's talk about something that won't make my reputation with everyone here worse." He glanced around the room, barely hearing the quiet snickerring. He had been mad at her a moment ago, but he never stayed mad for long. "Should I make sure everyone else's up?" He said, almost kindly.
Back to top Go down
kaileen_

kaileen_

Roleplaying Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Thread   Roleplaying Thread EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 11:01 am

"Umm, sure.." she replied, turning away. "You can do that..."

She sighed and fiddled with a stick on the ground. It reflected nicely against the rising sun, and she wished, for one moment, that she could be the sun, with no task other than to rise and set... The sun didn't have to figure out what everyone's aftereffects of the radiation was, or worry that their parents wouldn't ever stand up again.

She'd heard a rumor that the radiation supposedly gave them superpowers, but it was easy to pass that off as a joke and move on with life.

If it was true, though--what would she become? Non human? An outcast?

You're already an outcast, Faith, she reminded herself.

"You think that's true... Blake?" She struggled with his name as she watched him attempt to stand up. "That we'll get superpowers? Or that some of us already have some?"
Back to top Go down
crumblycookiecrumbs

Roleplaying Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Thread   Roleplaying Thread EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 11:05 am

Blake stopped attempting to get up for a second, and he sat there, pondering. He spoke slowly and carefully, as if afraid of offending someone. "Well, to me, it seems that..." He sighed, unsure of how to continue. He started again. "For some reason, I have this weird gut feeling that we're going to get our super powers." He paused, and then said mysteriously, "But maybe we've already gotten them."
Back to top Go down
kaileen_

kaileen_

Roleplaying Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Thread   Roleplaying Thread EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 11:08 am

She raised her eyebrow. "Sure, sure." But really, who was he? And what would he know about that?

She shifted out of the way to let him pass, but he unfortunately tripped over the stick she'd been fingering and fell on top of her. "That hurts, you know," she complained, trying to shove him off.
Back to top Go down
crumblycookiecrumbs

Roleplaying Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Thread   Roleplaying Thread EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 11:11 am

"Yeah, well it's not exactly fun for me either." He looked at her, mad at her stupid stick. "Sorry," he muttered, rolling off. He looked at her blankly, and wondered why he didn't have any good lines. Why in his time of need did he have none???
He pointed his finger at the teens, and said, "Uhh... yeah. I'll go... make sure everyone's awake." He blushed as he said this, and he rushed off--about five feet away.
Back to top Go down
Nikapants

Nikapants

Roleplaying Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Thread   Roleplaying Thread EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 11:54 am

Arden was in her own corner, near a wall. She had been awake for a while
now. The sun had been her alarm clock back in New York. It was
also her clock too. She was leaning on her wall with her eyes lightly
closed, looking at the scene through her dark lashes. The scene
before her was one of a teenage chick flick with a sci-fi twist.
a handful of boys and girls were gathered in one room, mostly meeting
each other for the first time.

a soon to be couple were chatting it up near her. If she had the money,
she would bet a Franklin($100) that they would be an official pair in a weeks
notice. Her eyes flitted around the room. She had been the first to wake,
but around her, sleepy eyes began to open. Yawning and people stretching
were occurring more often around her.

Arden got up and strode towards "the couple".
"No worries. You two keep hitting it off. Ill make sure everyone gets a wake
up call." She shot them a friendly smile and pushed the boy back to the girl.
what would he do without me. the boy owes me a lifetime of servitude.
Arden giggles to herself, knowing she could already have everyone as a servant
by now. good thing she has morals.

Her eyes turned a darker shade of blue as she strode to the middle of
the dull room. she cleared her throat and bore down at the motion-less bodies.
"Wake up." She spoke commandingly clear enough for all to hear.
With her hands on her hips, she waited for her command to take action.

Bodies jostled and some groaned.
"Sit up." They did as they were told.
Those who were awake or standing were not affected by her voice.
"Introduce your self one at a time." She looked around the room
and pointed at a girl brown hair and hazel eyes.
"Starting with you."

OOC; By the way, Arden pointed at Bella, Auora's charrie. Wink
everyone can take a turn introducing themselves.

Last edited by Nikapants on Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kaileen_

kaileen_

Roleplaying Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Thread   Roleplaying Thread EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 3:13 am

Faith remained silent towards Arden. I mean, after all, how do you reply to something like that?

She shuffled her feet, putting as much difference from the weirdo Blake and her, and eyed Arden with somewhat of a hint of fear. This girl obviously was used to being in charge--she'd have to be careful around her.

She turned expectantly toward the girl, but she remained silent.

((Sorry, this is a short post. I guess we are all waiting for Bella/Aurora to post now.))
Back to top Go down
crumblycookiecrumbs

Roleplaying Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Thread   Roleplaying Thread EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 3:17 am

"Ow." What was that girl doing? It might have usually been helpful, but not when Blake was so close to Faith. "Sorry," he muttered, yet again, and then asked, "So, uhh... since I don't seem to have to wake people up... do you like cats?" [What? Do you like cats???? What kind of pick-up line is that?] He grinned sheepishly, and then shut his mouth.
Back to top Go down
kaileen_

kaileen_

Roleplaying Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Thread   Roleplaying Thread EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 3:22 am

"Uhh..." was all she managed to get out before edging farther away from him. Hard to believe that everyone here had been imagination-less a few hours ago. Well, actually, this guy wasn't very creative, so maybe he really wasn't cured of whatever everyone in the town had.

"Are you.. okay?" she asked hesitantly. "You seem a little... strange..."
Back to top Go down
crumblycookiecrumbs

Roleplaying Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Thread   Roleplaying Thread EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 3:27 am

"Yeah, I'm fine." He said, stepping a little closer to her. "Please," he pleaded, as if reading her thoughts, "Please don't be scared of me. I'm really not a weirdo." He looked at her sadly, wondering if she would never talk to him. When she didn't answer, he sighed, and then muttered, "If... if you don't want to talk to me again, then fine. Just leave me alone." He was dissapointed that it had to already come to this, but he still turned around and started to walk away.
Back to top Go down
kaileen_

kaileen_

Roleplaying Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Thread   Roleplaying Thread EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 3:33 am

She sighed, knowing he would be back later, and attempted to comb out her hair with her fingers. Of course, none of them had had any time to pack anything. They all had the clothes on their back, and that was it.

If I really do get superpowers, like those oafs who were chasing me warned... what would it be? She had no idea how they would be put into action, or what they would be, or...

Maybe she could get shape shifting. Yes, that would be awesome. She turned away from Blake as she continued pulling knots out of her hair.

Or maybe I could fly... Oh, don't be stupid, she chided herself. You know that if you do get any sort of "super" power, it'd be something lame like being able to eat anything I wanted.

On second thought, Blake seemed to have a pretty good idea of what was happening. "Wait a sec," she called back to him, hating herself for it.
Back to top Go down
crumblycookiecrumbs

Roleplaying Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Thread   Roleplaying Thread EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 3:37 am

"Yeah?" He turned around quickly, a grin on his face. So maybe she did care about him. At least a little. He briskly walked back, and again said, "Yeah?" He looked at her expectantly, waiting for an answer.
Back to top Go down
kaileen_

kaileen_

Roleplaying Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Thread   Roleplaying Thread EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 3:40 am

She rolled her eyes. "Yeah, why don't you come sit by me?"

Being friends with him could be useful, she surmised. Maybe he knows something that would be helpful to me.

"Maybe I've seen you before," she said, studying his face. "You look familiar somehow."

Last edited by kaileen_ on Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
crumblycookiecrumbs

Roleplaying Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Thread   Roleplaying Thread EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 3:44 am

"Uhh... okay." Blake sat down on the floor next to her, and said while studying her face, "Are you sure? You don't look familiar to me." His eyes squinted slightly, as he always did when he was thinking hard. He looked at her face again, and then whispered, more talking to himself than to her, "No. You don't look familiar to me."
Back to top Go down
kaileen_

kaileen_

Roleplaying Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Thread   Roleplaying Thread EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 3:51 am

"Hmm," she said, holding his gaze. Unfortunately, judging by his reaction, she accidentally had more of an "alluring gaze" rather than a "searching one". She sighed and finally shifted her view back to the stick that had tripped him.
"Well, I think maybe I've seen your dad around somewhere, or someone related to you..." She bit her lip as she thought.
Back to top Go down
crumblycookiecrumbs

Roleplaying Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Thread   Roleplaying Thread EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 3:56 am

"Well, my dad's a merchant. Could that be it?" He neglected to mention what he sold, hoping that Faith wouldn't attempt to figure it out. "Have you seen him in the marketplace or something?" He shrugged his shoulders, unable to think of anything else.
Back to top Go down
bloomingviolets

bloomingviolets

Roleplaying Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Thread   Roleplaying Thread EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 9:55 am

"I'm Bella Schmidt," she said. "I'm 14 years old. Is there anything else you need to know about me?"

Last edited by bloomingviolets on Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nikapants

Nikapants

Roleplaying Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Thread   Roleplaying Thread EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 11:18 am

Occ; Bella- you're suppose to start the introductions ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Roleplaying Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Thread   Roleplaying Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Roleplaying Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Squib Roleplay :: Free Roleplay :: Gifted-
Jump to: