Squib Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

From behind the dumpster.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
omgits_aubrey

omgits_aubrey

From behind the dumpster. Empty
PostSubject: From behind the dumpster.   From behind the dumpster. EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 12:18 pm

Valora was wondering down Diagon Alley thinking of her day. She had talked her Muggle Studies teacher into raising her 'P' to an 'A'. Although her original idea of pushing the blame of the bad grade onto her roommate, Jordan, didn't fool Burbage, he did however take some extra credit from her. She was proud, and so she decided to treat herself to some candy from Sugarplum's Magical Sweets Shop.

She walked inside, and looked around. The store was packed full of students of every year and house. Everybody was laughing and giggling, high off sugar. Valora smiled. Today was a good day. She wiggled her way up to the counter and bought herself some licorice wands, then headed out the door.

"What a beautiful day." Valora said aloud, and then realized how true her statement was. It really was beautiful outside. The temperature outside was just warm enough for her to be in a navy blue t-shirt and shorts. It felt good to be out of her robes, the excessive fabric made her feel extremely large and unbecoming, she hated that.

As she rounded the corner on her way back to school she heard a large bang from down an alley way to her left. Valora jumped.
Bloody hell! What was that?
She stopped, and listened again.
Boom - Shhhwah!
The sound was coming from behind a large nearby dumpster and echoing throughout the alley way.
What on earth can that be?...
Back to top Go down
http://www.brey-scape.tk
ehnnie25

ehnnie25

PostSubject: Re: From behind the dumpster.   From behind the dumpster. EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 4:06 pm

Come out, you stupid cat, I'm going to kill you!

Well, Lucille didn't really have any intentions of killing the orange tabby cat that had previously scratched her leg and was now hiding in the dumpsters, but she was going to stun it. She didn't care if she was making a bit of noise.

"Damn!" she exclaimed as the cat jumped out from a trash bin and sped away. I'll get you someday. Yup. Lucille was big on grudges, even if they were on unsuspecting cats. She sighed and slipped her wand back in her skirt pocket, then took out a Deluxe Sugar Quill and sucked on it rather angrily.

She walked out of the alleyway and into the main street, dusting dirt off her maroon t-shirt. What now? She looked up and saw Valora Veeruhm, standing there and staring.
Back to top Go down
omgits_aubrey

omgits_aubrey

PostSubject: Re: From behind the dumpster   From behind the dumpster. EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 4:59 am

Valora stood and watched a orange tabby cat skitter away from behind the dumpster.
What on earth is that cat running from?
Then she saw a black being emerge from where the cat had just left, she was about to panic when she realized it was only a Slytherin girl.
Lucille.
She watched as Lucille dusted off her shirt and give her a glare. Had she been doing something that the Slytherin had not wanted her to see? Lucille continued to glare, she was obviously ticked off and was waiting for Valora to say something.
Hmmm, I guess I should just make the best out of this.
"Hey," she said in a small voice "nice day, huh?"
Back to top Go down
ehnnie25

ehnnie25

PostSubject: Re: From behind the dumpster.   From behind the dumpster. EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 11:02 am

Nice day? Ha. It definitely wasn't for Lucille...that cat was a demon in disguise. Or so it seemed that way. "For some people, I guess," she said with a shrug, her expression softening. It wasn't Valora's fault that the cat scratched her, after all. "You're Veeruhm, right?"

She looked at the way she dressed and felt a bit out-of-place, seeing Valora's shorts. The weather was good today, but Lucille had opted to wear a long gypsy skirt and a tight shirt, plus dragon-hide boots. It definitely wasn't the comfiest of outfits.

It was then that she noticed the licorice wands Valora held. "Mind if I have one?" she asked, feeling her stomach grumble. She couldn't remember what her breakfast was...she must've skipped it on her rush to get to Hogsmeade and buy a new potion kit...
Back to top Go down
omgits_aubrey

omgits_aubrey

PostSubject: Re: From behind the dumpster   From behind the dumpster. EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 1:23 pm

Valora watched Lucille eye her clothing, she tugged on her shirt and rubber her neck with her other hand.
Am I under dressed for the weather?
She peered up at the sky and saw the sun was still high and shining bright.
"Mind if I have one?" Lucille asked looking at Valora's licorice wands. She heard her stomache grumble and giggled.
"Sure, actually you can have the rest. I'm not really in the mood for sweets anymore. Plus, I should be watching my figure, if I want to fit in my dress for the ball..." Valora answered "not that it's really going to matter. Nobody has asked me yet."
Valora looked Lucille up and down, taking in her outfit.
"Nice boots." she said with a smile, "I wish my big feet would fit in something like that."
It was true, Valora's feet had widened from walking barefoot so many times my the lake and at her grandmother's house that she had to shove them into her school shoes. She looked down at her own leather flip flops and sighed when she noticed her chipped toenail polish.
Back to top Go down
ehnnie25

ehnnie25

PostSubject: Re: From behind the dumpster.   From behind the dumpster. EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 1:41 pm

"Thanks," muttered Lucille as she took the licorice wands from Valora. "Neither has anyone asked me." She shrugged and frowned. She really wanted to go with someone to the ball...she would look pathetic if she went alone... "I don't even have anyone in mind." The only guys she knew were Stinnikus from Ravenclaw, and a fellow Slytherin, Icky - er - Icarus. Come to think of it, Icky didn't have a date yet, did he? But...she couldn't ask him, he'd just laugh...

Lucille looked down at her boots and nodded. "Thanks," she said again. She hadn't expected Valora to be nice, but she was. "I like your shirt." She had always liked the color blue. It made her head feel cooler to see it. She looked curiously at Valora as she stared down at her feet.

"They're not that big," she said honestly. Well, they were larger than hers, but they weren't gigantic. She wondered if Valora was thinking of asking someone to the ball.

Back to top Go down
omgits_aubrey

omgits_aubrey

PostSubject: Re: From behind the dumpster   From behind the dumpster. EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 1:50 pm

"Thanks," Valora giggled "but they honestly feel huge. It's like having boats for feet." she wiggled her toes. "Boys seem to be in short supply lately. I haven't really met anyone worth asking yet..."
Valora thought of Stinnikus and Andrew. Both cute, but she felt Stinnikus would laugh in her face and Andrew, well she couldn't get any sort of vibe from him and she didn't want to be turned down, especially by a Hufflepuff.
"Have you got anyone in mind? Any good looking Slytherins around? I haven't met any yet."
Lucille was nice, especially for a Slytherin. She though she had seen her wandering the halls before with a Slytherin boy, but didn't know his name.
I wonder if they are dating...
Back to top Go down
ehnnie25

ehnnie25

PostSubject: Re: From behind the dumpster.   From behind the dumpster. EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 1:59 pm

Lucille giggled a little when Valora compared her feet to boots. "Really?" she asked suspiciously, looking at Valora. "What about Stinnikus? He's the only Ravenclaw I know, other than you." She figured Valora must have met him already...he wasn't Lucille's type at all, but maybe he was Valora's.

But she agreed that boys are in 'short supply'...there were plenty of them in Hogwarts, sure, but no one interesting enough.
"Have you got anyone in mind? Any good looking Slytherins around? I haven't met any yet."

"No," Lucille answered much too quickly for any good. Then with a sigh, she said, "I mean...I know Icarus Craft, but...I wouldn't ask him, and I seriously doubt he'd ask me."

Last edited by ehnnie25 on Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
omgits_aubrey

omgits_aubrey

PostSubject: Re: From behind the dumpster   From behind the dumpster. EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 2:07 pm

Stinnikus.
Valora's heart fluttered a bit at the name. He was flawless. His smoldering light blue eyes and dark hair became vivid in Valora's mind.
"Oh yea, Stinnikus. He's alright I guess..." She knew Lucille would know she was lying, but she wasn't about to be laughed at for even admitting to have a small crush on him. He seemed way too out of her league. Valora was beautiful, sure, but Stinnikus was godly. Nobody could compare to that.
"I think you should give it a shot, asking Icarus. I think I have seen the two of you hanging around a bit, he's pretty cute, he's got that whole bad boy look to him, you know? I say go for it."
Back to top Go down
ehnnie25

ehnnie25

PostSubject: Re: From behind the dumpster.   From behind the dumpster. EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 2:14 pm

Ask Icarus? "No way," said Lucille, her cheeks turning slightly pink, "I don't like him that way, I mean - we're not even close, we just talk sometimes." She let her shoulders sag a little. In her mind, she admitted that Icky was cute...but, well, she knew what he'd say if she asked him. 'Haha'. Then a mocking comment. It was a good thing she didn't like him. Nope. Not at all.

She didn't tell Valora what was on her mind, of course, instead she focused back on the conversation. "Just 'alright'?" said Lucille, raising her eyebrows. Valora had turned a shade of red. "Hmm, okay...what about that Hufflepuff friend of his?" She remembered seeing them talking to Valora once.
Back to top Go down
omgits_aubrey

omgits_aubrey

PostSubject: Re: From behind the dumpster   From behind the dumpster. EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 2:23 pm

"No way," Lucille said. Valora watched as her cheeks flushed a light pink.
"I don't like him that way, I mean - we're not even close, we just talk sometimes."
Valora watched as Lucille's posture sagged, she knew the feeling. Then she brought up the subject of Stin again.
"Just 'alright'?"said Lucille, eyebrows raised.
Valora felt her face get hot.
Great, I'm blushing.
"Hmm, okay...what about that Hufflepuff friend of his?" Lucille said, finally taking the topic off of Stin.
"Oh, Andrew? Yea, he's pretty good looking too. But he's awful shy, I doubt he would ask anyone. And I'm not about to go around asking him, nobody wants to be turned down by a Hufflepuff." Valora pictured Andrew in his yellow tie with his shaggy brown hair.
"So if you don't intend on asking Icarus, and you don't think he intends on asking you, are you going to go alone?" Valora asked. She was actually wondering the same for herself. Would she go alone? Or would it be less embarrassing to just not show up...
Back to top Go down
ehnnie25

ehnnie25

PostSubject: Re: From behind the dumpster.   From behind the dumpster. EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 2:35 pm

Lucille laughed. She definitely wouldn't wand to be turned down by a Hufflepuff, either. "Yeah, I agree with you on that," she said, feeling a bit lighter now that the topic wasn't on Icky. She saw Valora blush at the mention of Stin's name, though, so she figured Valora must really like him.

Then Valora asked her the question she had been trying to avoid thinking of. She sighed heavily. "Er, I'll have to go alone...Guess I'll bring my owl, at least I'll have someone to dance with," she said with a small smile, "But seriously...won't I look stupid? Just standing there in my dress and staring at the couples. I'll be the fool of the Fool's Ball." She shook her head.

It was nice talking to Valora, though. She just hoped she wasn't the kind to spread around what she'd heard from Lucille.
Back to top Go down
omgits_aubrey

omgits_aubrey

PostSubject: Re: From behind the dumpster   From behind the dumpster. EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 3:19 pm

Valora laughed at Lucille's comment about the ball. She pictured her own self dancing around the ball floor with her pet snake, Cypress.
What a silly thing.
"Well, you won't be the only fool there. I doubt I will be getting a date either. If worse comes to worse, we will just have to go together." Valora giggled. "I'm sure we would be the talk of the school."
Valora looked up at the sky, it was getting late and she was getting cold.
"Want to go inside Madam Puddifoots? Maybe we could grab a bite to eat, I'll treat." Valora said, hoping she had made a new friend. She could use some of those, so many people seemed to hate her for the way she acted her previous years at Hogwarts. Everyone held a grudge.
Back to top Go down
ehnnie25

ehnnie25

PostSubject: Re: From behind the dumpster.   From behind the dumpster. EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 3:32 pm

"Well, you won't be the only fool there. I doubt I will be getting a date either. If worse comes to worse, we will just have to go together."

Lucille laughed back. "Well, I hope we won't have to come to that, but it sure would be funny!" she said with a giggle. She wondered what people would think. A snarky Slytherin, friends with a Ravenclaw. At least, she hoped they'd be friends. She didn't have a lot of those.

Lucille noticed the sky was getting darker, and she was suddenly thankful she wore thick clothes today; the wind had a slight chill to it. Valora offered to treat Lucille at Madam Puddifoot's, so she nodded and said, "Thank you, that'd be good...but I'll pay for my food, don't worry about it." She was happy Valora thought of going into Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop, Lucille liked that place much more than the Three Broomsticks. The latter was too noisy and overcrowded.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: From behind the dumpster.   From behind the dumpster. Empty

Back to top Go down

From behind the dumpster.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Squib Roleplay :: First Term :: Off School Grounds-
Jump to: