Squib Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Up For a Gifted Roleplay?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kaileen_

kaileen_

Up For a Gifted Roleplay? Empty
PostSubject: Up For a Gifted Roleplay?   Up For a Gifted Roleplay? EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 1:24 pm

((I miss those Gifted Roleplays, but I can never find a board.

Anyone feel like doing a long-term gifted roleplay? We could do either a gifted boarding school (which we may not want to do, since Harry Potter is a boarding school), or a gifted vs. government roleplay.

I dunno. I'm just curious if anyone would be interested.

So post if you have questions or feel like doing it, I'd love you forever if you posted here. (: ))
Back to top Go down
omgits_aubrey

omgits_aubrey

PostSubject: Re: Gifted RP   Up For a Gifted Roleplay? EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 2:16 pm

I am new to the whole roleplay thing, can you explain what 'gifted roleplay' is?
Sorry for being such a noob. Tehe xD
Back to top Go down
http://www.brey-scape.tk
kaileen_

kaileen_

PostSubject: Re: Up For a Gifted Roleplay?   Up For a Gifted Roleplay? EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 2:33 pm

No problem (:

In a nutshell, it's people who have been altered or something (sometimes radiation) that give them superpowers.

There are 2 main kind of gifted roleplays, one where they all attend a boarding school, and one where the government is trying to kill them.

They sort of branch into different sorts of plots from there, but I personally like the gifted vs. government ones more--they usually have more of a plot. And you can be the evil, government people. Teehee.

There is your terrible explanation at 1:30 in the morning. xD
Back to top Go down
kaileen_

kaileen_

PostSubject: Re: Up For a Gifted Roleplay?   Up For a Gifted Roleplay? EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 3:13 pm

Here's the plot I was thinking of:

Government officials have become increasingly obsessed with creating a master race, so they granted themselves to start up a town that would be examined and bred to produce the perfect human race. In order to keep them contained, the government stripped them of their imagination.

Hence, the citizens of this town cannot imagine a better life, or even imagine something like themselves with a big nose.
It's gotten really bad, and it's gotten to the point where they are basically lifeless.

There is one hope, and that is a group of teenagers who got into a nuclear reactor one day, and slightly mutated. This freed up their imagination and they were free to think. But they also acquired superpowers. Their only hope is to escape from the town and escape to Washington, DC, where they might be able to find someone to help them. Unfortunately, the evil government officials catch them escaping, and they've been following ever since.

It's up to this group of teenagers to save their families from their own demise and to bring the corrupt government to justice.
Back to top Go down
biotic_2489

biotic_2489

PostSubject: Re: Up For a Gifted Roleplay?   Up For a Gifted Roleplay? EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 10:04 pm

YAY! Gifted roleplay yum yum.

May I join as Knox? My first EVER character.
She is lover-ly.
She can control, produce and manipulate fire.

I am a firestrater, a twisted firestarter.
Back to top Go down
Pastels

Pastels

PostSubject: Re: Up For a Gifted Roleplay?   Up For a Gifted Roleplay? EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 2:04 am

Oooo....I love that plot!

Shocked

Can moi join? Me character will have the power of speed! I love that power....xDD.
Back to top Go down
kaileen_

kaileen_

PostSubject: Re: Up For a Gifted Roleplay?   Up For a Gifted Roleplay? EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 3:32 am

Sure, you guys can join. (:

And I'm glad you like the plot... it was 2:30 in the morning, so I wasn't sure if it was actually any good. xD

You could post a list or a paragraph, I don't care either way.

Now I need to rack my brains for some new, exciting character. (:
Back to top Go down
kaileen_

kaileen_

PostSubject: Re: Up For a Gifted Roleplay?   Up For a Gifted Roleplay? EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 3:37 am

Do you want to make the setting right before, or right after, they escape?
Back to top Go down
Pastels

Pastels

PostSubject: Re: Up For a Gifted Roleplay?   Up For a Gifted Roleplay? EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 3:52 am

I'm thinking after...=D.

But, you're the boss!

*Puts on a 'you're the boss' crown on yeh*.
Back to top Go down
kaileen_

kaileen_

PostSubject: Re: Up For a Gifted Roleplay?   Up For a Gifted Roleplay? EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 4:58 am

((I feel special with my new boss crown. I'll start, shall I? This shall be the first, most random name I can think of. : P))

"Hello?" Faith called, waving a hand in front of her mother's face. She remained blank and unresponsive, except for blinking.

She'd been this way for--oh, could it really have been a few days?

"Mom, I'm Faith. Answer me. I am your daughter."

She groaned, her eyes flickered, and she mumbled, "my daughter doesn't look like you."

Faith sighed, pulled her short brown hair, and thought. "Thursday I was wearing my hair up, and I was wearing this green sweater..." She hastened to appear like Thursday's clone.

Her mother lit up the moment she came back into the room. "Faith, dear! There you are!"

Faith Young awoke screaming. She'd been expecting dreams with government officials with leering faces, and braced herself for it. But she hadn't thought there would be dreams of her own, sweet family...

She pulled herself into a fetal position on the ground and sniffled for several minutes. She was sixteen, for crying out loud. She wasn't supposed to be the heroic one. That was her dad's job... but now her dad was sitting on the floor with glazed blue eyes, that used to be so much like Faith's...

Eventually sitting up, Faith attempted to brush the dust out of her short brown hair, and stood up. At least she wasn't all alone. There were the ones who had escaped with her, but they were still asleep.

Faith made her way to one of the sleeping figures and poked them, shook them, did anything to try and wake him/her up.

((There we go. Now one of you can be the "sleeping figure" xD ))
Back to top Go down
bloomingviolets

bloomingviolets

PostSubject: Re: Up For a Gifted Roleplay?   Up For a Gifted Roleplay? EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 5:10 am

Ooh! Gifted RP? Can I join as Rei?

I'm still thinking about super powers though. Should she have like air powers and be able to fly or should she be able to manipulate water? Help me decide please!
Back to top Go down
Pastels

Pastels

PostSubject: Re: Up For a Gifted Roleplay?   Up For a Gifted Roleplay? EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 5:34 am

Oooo...I love both powers!

But I vote for the water one seeing as it sounds more useful...=D.
Back to top Go down
bloomingviolets

bloomingviolets

PostSubject: Re: Up For a Gifted Roleplay?   Up For a Gifted Roleplay? EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 5:38 am

I like the water one too, but I think the flying one will be good for a quick escape.
Back to top Go down
kaileen_

kaileen_

PostSubject: Re: Up For a Gifted Roleplay?   Up For a Gifted Roleplay? EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 7:48 am

Water sounds cool to me.

Sure, you can join. (:

...Lemme go check out this new "Gifted" board. *scurries away*
Back to top Go down
kaileen_

kaileen_

PostSubject: Re: Up For a Gifted Roleplay?   Up For a Gifted Roleplay? EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 7:51 am

Okay, looks like we should relocate to the "Gifted" board. (:

One of the threads is for posting your character description. I'll go make a board where we actually roleplay. (:

*copies plot and pastes into new thread*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Up For a Gifted Roleplay?   Up For a Gifted Roleplay? Empty

Back to top Go down

Up For a Gifted Roleplay?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Squib Roleplay :: Free Roleplay :: Beyond Harry Potter-
Jump to: