Squib Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wizard's Chess

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
swingvote

swingvote

Wizard's Chess Empty
PostSubject: Wizard's Chess   Wizard's Chess EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 5:29 am

Aly skipped down happily into the common room after a long nap on her comfortable bed in the girls' dormitory. She was carrying a leathery suitcase with Seamus Finnigan scratched into the side. A few fellow Ravenclaws stared at her as she strutted across the room and then slammed the suitcase down on the table in the middle of the room. It was quite obviously heavy, like marble, because of the sound.

"So, is anyone up for a game of Wizard's Chess? Well? I suppose no one knows how to play...I will teach you! Someone? Anyone?" they all just stared at her. Aly proceeded to take the chess set out the the bag anyway.

"My father played with this exact set, it was lucky, he said before he gave it to me. Harry Potter himself played with it in his first year, you know? Pretty cool! But, well, they sort of rejected him...Anyways..." she set the pawns, bishops, knights, and such on their respective squares and offered to play again.
Back to top Go down
karabear

karabear

Wizard's Chess Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wizard's Chess   Wizard's Chess EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 7:36 am

"Heyo Alison," Mark said, calling to her from across the room. "Do you still need someone to play with?" He had no idea why he was shouting, there weren't a lot of people there. Oh well. "Oh, but I'm not a very good player, so you might have to help me!" He added on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.karasocks.webs.com
swingvote

swingvote

Wizard's Chess Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wizard's Chess   Wizard's Chess EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 8:43 am

"Sure, Mark! Ah, I have been dying to play Wizard's Chess for ages! Like, ever since I got here. It's the best game in the world, next to Gobstones and Quidditch of course!" Aly giggled.

She set up the final pieces of the chess set and straigtened them all to perfection, giving in to her Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

"Alright, so, which side do you want to be? I prefer black, but I will let the beginner choose first..." Aly started up the game. She smiled as she watched Mark watch all of the pieces, choosing a colour. Some of the pieces were already moving, swiping dust off themselves after being kept away in a case for a few years.
Back to top Go down
karabear

karabear

Wizard's Chess Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wizard's Chess   Wizard's Chess EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 9:21 am

"I don't know many Wizard games," he admitted with a laugh, "but this one looks pretty intense." He pondered the board for a minute. "I'll be white then, since I don't care which colour."
Back to top Go down
swingvote

swingvote

Wizard's Chess Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wizard's Chess   Wizard's Chess EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 9:40 am

"I don't know many Wizard games," he admitted with a laugh, "but this one looks pretty intense." He pondered the board for a minute. "I'll be white then, since I don't care which colour." Aly listened to what he had to say and then nodded.

"All right, well have you ever played real chess? Well, it's a bit different than that. You have to give your pieces orders like this, pawn to C4!" Aly shouted and the pawn slid across the other squares to the one she had ordered it to.

"It's a bit more brutal, too. They actually destroy each other once they land on the same squares. Pretty barbaric, but a simple Reparo spell fixes them right back up." she explain the rest of the rules to Mark.
Back to top Go down
karabear

karabear

Wizard's Chess Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wizard's Chess   Wizard's Chess EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 9:45 am

"Ohhh, so it's like, battleship, but chess, at the same time! That makes sense." He said. "And they kill each other? How do you put them back together? Or do they magically do that?" he said, laughing. Even though he was techincally a pureblood, he still couldn't get used to any of the wizard games. "Mkay, so now that it's my turn... pawn to E6?" He watched with fasination as the little character moved across the board. "No way, that is sick." He said to Aly.
Back to top Go down
swingvote

swingvote

Wizard's Chess Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wizard's Chess   Wizard's Chess EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 9:49 am

"Haha, uh, battleship? Yes, you could say they kill each other. Let me give a demonstration..." Aly said with a little smirk on her face. She ordered the pawn she had moved to C4 to go directly to E6, where Mark had moved his. Aly's black chess piece drew it's swords and sliced right through the chest of Mark's tiny white pawn. Bits of marble and dust flew across the chess board and wooden table supporting it.

"What do you think of that?! Amazing, innit! Here, Reparo!" Aly was laughing at the amazement on both of their faces, and after she cast the spell, the white chess piece was crackless and back to normal. glassy and glittering.
Back to top Go down
karabear

karabear

Wizard's Chess Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wizard's Chess   Wizard's Chess EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 9:54 am

"That is just wow." Mark said, laughing. "But wait, what happens if you make them go somewhere that isn't on the board? Night to X 45!" He yelled at the peice.
Back to top Go down
swingvote

swingvote

Wizard's Chess Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wizard's Chess   Wizard's Chess EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 4:13 am

The knight didn't move at all.

"Uhm, maybe I should teach you correct letters and numbers of each square." Aly giggled

"X45 doesn't exactly exist..." she started full-time laughing now. She could sense the embarrassment in the air.

"Don't worry, don't worry. Oh, and if it lands on an empty square, don't worry about it. Nothing happens, we just switch turns."
Back to top Go down
karabear

karabear

Wizard's Chess Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wizard's Chess   Wizard's Chess EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 6:22 am

"Ahh I'm starting to get it now." Mark said. "Erkay... pawn to C6."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wizard's Chess Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wizard's Chess   Wizard's Chess Empty

Back to top Go down