Squib Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A letter from home

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rose_thorn2009

A letter from home Empty
PostSubject: A letter from home   A letter from home EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 11:32 pm

Anet sat in her favorite chair beside the fire reading a letter from her Godfather William Mcu.

Dear Anet,

I know school has just started but you know how I worry about you. Everything is fine here. I have scent along a box of your favorite candy chocolate frogs. Stay in touch.

Love
William

Anet looked up at Jet and untied the box of Chocolate frogs from his leg. She than dug into her pocket and grabbed an owl treat. Good job Jet! Go ahead and head back to the owlrey fro the night."
Back to top Go down
Nikapants

Nikapants

A letter from home Empty
PostSubject: Re: A letter from home   A letter from home EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 6:13 am

"Password?" The fat lady sang in her opera voice.
"Mimbulus Mimbletonia" Preston said is a weary voice.
The fat lady's portrait swung open and he sauntered in.

The welcomeing fireplace glowed a hot red and orange.
Not many were around due to the time. It was near mid-
morning, and Preston had an "off break". Truthfully, he
didnt want to deal with Trelawney and her bizzare rants.

He spotted a familiar face. The bangs always gave her away.
Strange how she changed her bangs to that bold color.
The girl always had her nose it a book. and the color blue?

Preston always wondered if the sorting hat made a mistake
putting her into Gryffindor.

He walked over casually and peered over her head.
Hmmm. Chocolate frogs. It looked like it was rady
to make the one and only jump.
Back to top Go down
Say_rawrr

Say_rawrr

A letter from home Empty
PostSubject: Re: A letter from home   A letter from home EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 8:02 am

Lullaby sat on the couch with a half-empty box of Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans. She had been eating the worst flavours - glue, baking soda, acid, and compost. Euuhhh. Lullaby thought, why can't I get a good flavor for once? She tossed the box aside and decided it was time to start her homework - but she didn't know where to start exactly. NEWTS where coming up fast yet Lullaby was lost in most of her classes -- all accept Defence Against the Dark Arts, it intrigued her very much, and her professor worshiped her. Who knows why.
She looked around the common room and saw some familiar faces, though, all of them were younger than her. She saw a boy across the room from her, should I ask him to the fools ball? Or should I wait until someone asks me? She popped a bean in her mouth and gagged, What the hell is this!? was the only thing that raced through her mind as she sprinted towards the nearest trash can. Diesel flavor? Seriously?
Next time she was going to Hogsmeade she'd stray away from buying her usual purchase of Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans. Too risky she'd get a bogey flavored bean. She'd just stick with chocolate frogs.
Back to top Go down
Fantasticality

Fantasticality

A letter from home Empty
PostSubject: Re: A letter from home   A letter from home EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 10:01 am

Caleb strolled through the portrait hole, and promptly found himself a good position to work in by the window. He was swamped with homework. Nothing he couldn't do of course, just nothing he could be bothered to. Herbology wasn't his best subject anyway. He tossed the note he kept about his herbology essay, resolving to 'leave it until later'.

Eyes swerving here and there around his beloved common room, he looked at his fellow gryffindors, and turned back to his work. Gosh, he just couldn't concentrate.
Back to top Go down
http://melanie.fraudshow.org
rose_thorn2009

A letter from home Empty
PostSubject: Re: A letter from home   A letter from home EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 11:55 pm

Anet had just untied her box of chocolate frogs when she had the strongest feeling she was being watched. She looked over her shoulder and spotted Preston. She smiled up at him. She quickly folded her letter and stuck it under her box of chocolate frogs. "Good morning Preston you know some would say it's rude to look over someone's shoulder. She ran her hand through her long strawberry blonde hair. She knew most people thought her odd for dying her bangs blue but she liked the way it looked on her.
Back to top Go down
tsuchi_no_uta

tsuchi_no_uta

A letter from home Empty
PostSubject: A letter from home   A letter from home EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:02 am

Eleonore sat down in a lone chair not to far from the fireplace. Her memories flooded her, yet at the same time it was so incredibly different. She wasn't used to the Gryffindor common room at all. In any case she was glad to be back. She'd have to remember to send Corwin, her close friend and father figure, an owl later on.

She looked longingly towards the other students. They were chatting and eating sweets. One girl with wild colors in her hair was eating Bertie Bots Every Flavor Beans, and by the looks of it they weren't very delicious. Many students were working on homework, and others were kindly socializing.

Eleonore sighed and went to her dorm to grab a sketchbook and a few pencils. She returned to the common room, and of course her seat was taken. Grudgingly she sat on the floor and sketched out her fellow classmates.
Back to top Go down
Fantasticality

Fantasticality

A letter from home Empty
PostSubject: Re: A letter from home   A letter from home EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 5:07 am

Caleb studied this new entrant, and his interest was renewed when she sat on the floor. She seemed... kind of lonely. Maybe she wanted to be like that. How was he to know? Well he wasn't. and he didn't like it. Conversation time, he thinks. Hauling himself up, he went over to the girl.

"Erm... hello there."
Back to top Go down
tsuchi_no_uta

tsuchi_no_uta

A letter from home Empty
PostSubject: A letter from home   A letter from home EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 11:07 am

Eleonore looked up in suprise, a a smile smile appeared on her face. Quickly she closed her sketchbook. He would probably think it was strange that she was practically staring down her classmates to pick up every little detail she could.

"Hi. Umm... I don't think I know you, I'm Eleonore Kiefer." he held out his hand and she accepted. He had very pretty blue eyes, she noted.
Back to top Go down
Nikapants

Nikapants

A letter from home Empty
PostSubject: Re: A letter from home   A letter from home EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 1:12 pm

"Its not my fault you are short." He murmerred coyly.
Preston was conveniently very tall. good for seeing far.
Speaking of seeing, He spotted a close friend Caleb

"Smooth." He jested at his friend. " I preffer to hit on
the prettty looking girls." he chided. "Kidding."

This Elenore girl would probably get snappy like all
the girls do when he kids around. There all the same.
Needy annd Naggy,
Preston has had his fare share
of women. This year, he preffers to fly solo.
Back to top Go down
Fantasticality

Fantasticality

A letter from home Empty
PostSubject: Re: A letter from home   A letter from home EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 3:43 am

Caleb smiled.

"That's a nice name. My name's Caleb, Caleb Hathaway... So you're new here, right?"

He said, and after shaking her hand, he felt a bit more comfortable. A few little words were all it took to break the ice, so what could he say? He shuffled around a bit, before deciding to sit. Pulling a jar of ice mice out of his bag, he offered some to Eleonore.

He couldn't help but notice the sketchbook Eleonore had, and he wanted to take a look. But that might be an invasion of privacy, he thought.

Preston, a friend of Caleb's, thought it would be fun to butt in.

"Oh please." said Caleb, dragging Preston away. "I'm just trying to be nice to the girl. Seriously. You might wanna try it sometime."

He grinned, before adding "Oh, and I already have a... girlfriend, thank you."

To be honest, Caleb wasn't sure what Alice was to him yet. He liked her, a lot, but it was a bit confusing. Preston had the whole 'let's ignore girls and have fun instead' thing down. How he did it, Caleb would never know.
Back to top Go down
Nikapants

Nikapants

A letter from home Empty
PostSubject: Re: A letter from home   A letter from home EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 4:29 am

"A girlfriend! Blimey!" Preston stood with with his mouth open.
"She must be made out of gold. You of all people dont expect
any worse."

Preston strolled towards Elenore, who sat near the raoring fireplace.
"Sorry darling, but i guess your just a rusty silver."
He chided as he leaned over to scan her notebook.
"Ahh." He pretended to act like he was interested in her work.
"Is that a gargolye?" Preston commented on her drawings with
pure curiosity.
Back to top Go down
tsuchi_no_uta

tsuchi_no_uta

A letter from home Empty
PostSubject: A letter from home   A letter from home EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 10:44 am

Eleonore couldn't help but overhear the two boys entire conversation. 'I really need to stop doing that!' she scolded herself. She smiled when she heard Caleb was interested in Alice. She had met Alice in Charms not too long ago, they would be quite a nice pair. Caleb's friend, Preston, however seemed a bit of a jerk. Granted he was fairly funny.

Speak of the devil, Preston came over confidently. He said, "Sorry darling, but I guess your just a rusty silver."
He looked over at her towards her sketchbook. 'Oh Great,' she thought, 'Just what I need.'
"Ahh" he commented, Eleonore had a slight feeling it was fake. "Is that a gargoyle?"

"No actually, It's that girl off in the corner. She does quite resemble a gargoyle, doesn't she?" She smirked nudging her head towards the first year Gryffindor. Her face was a bit squashed in and could pass for a goblin if she really wanted to.
Back to top Go down
Nikapants

Nikapants

A letter from home Empty
PostSubject: Re: A letter from home   A letter from home EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 12:05 pm

"Not really." He frowned. "Maybe its just the way you draw."
Preston didnt like people messing with the younger kids.
He liked children in fact. They were innocent unlike the older
and more coy student, inclusing himself.

"Elenore is it?" Preston raised an eyebrow and sat on a louging chair
directly across from her. "Pleasure." he murmered, half-distracted
by the view of the whomping willow outside the window.
He's not much of a person to stay focused for a long time.
that is, if he werent cocentrating on herbology.
Back to top Go down
tsuchi_no_uta

tsuchi_no_uta

A letter from home Empty
PostSubject: A letter from home   A letter from home EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 9:04 am

'Prick', Eleonore thought.

She picked up her sketchbook again when Preston said, "Eleonore is it?" he mummbled, "Pleasure."
Eleonore was getting annoyed at this Preston boy, Who was he to be rude. He had no idea what she was capable of. He should respect his elders! "The pleasure is all your's, I'm sure." Her temper was showing through, and she forced it back there and gave him a convincing smile.
Back to top Go down
Say_rawrr

Say_rawrr

A letter from home Empty
PostSubject: Re: A letter from home   A letter from home EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 4:07 pm

LULLABY:

Lullaby peaks out from her Charms book. "Preston, stop acting like an ass hole." She gets up and strolls over to the new girl. "I apologize for Preston's awful behaviour, lately he's been acting like a five year old and rebelling against eating his vegetables. I need to find him a colouring book to occupy his free time, which he has much of I can assure you." Lullaby laughs mockingly and gives the new girl her hand, trying to hide something on her palm...

A fresh cut with the words F R E A K spelled across it. Of course, the damn Slytherins are responsible...

"I'm Lullaby," a smile sweeps across her face. "Your the new girl everyone's been talking about, right? There's some crazy rumours going around...saying stuff like your a vampire! Is it true?" Lullaby reaches into her box of Bertie Bot's Every Flavour Beans and pulls out a yellowish piece of candy "That one is lemon lime, I'm sure." she places it in the girls palm. Then she scrambles to a nearby chair and plops down on the soft fabric, waiting to be told the full story...
Back to top Go down
Nikapants

Nikapants

A letter from home Empty
PostSubject: Re: A letter from home   A letter from home EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 5:52 am

"Actually, only have of what you said was true."
Preston frowned at Lullaby's intrusion. At least he wasnt
distracted by the whomping willow any more.
"I happen to like my vegetables. Remember?"
He smiled mockingly at his close friend. She of all people
knew his fondness of plants. The met while being partners
on a herbology project.

"Nurturing a Mandrake requires a
loving family unit!" directly quoting the one and only professer
Cabbage. Mental he is.

Preston watched as the two girls shook hands. a glimpse of red
scar caught his eye. Not wanted to make a scene, he casually
roamed to Lullaby's side.

"Vampire?! They live long font they. Are you as old as McGonagall?"
He murmmered with pure curiosity. He wasnt just trying to