Squib Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Studying in the Library

Go down 
+2
omgits_aubrey
bloomingviolets
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bloomingviolets

bloomingviolets

Studying in the Library Empty
PostSubject: Studying in the Library   Studying in the Library EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 5:20 am

Alice sat down at a desk in the library with her Herbology textbook and some blank parchment. She didn't know where to start, so she decided to flip through 1,000 Magical Herbs and Fungi to find an entry on Bubotubers.
Back to top Go down
omgits_aubrey

omgits_aubrey

PostSubject: Re: Studying in the Library   Studying in the Library EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 5:26 am

Valora entered the library. She had some studying to do, and although she hated admitting it, the Ravenclaw in her insisted that she overachieve and do some extra credit as well. She walked over to the book shelves and started sifting through the books looking for 1,000 Magical Herbs and Fungi.
Where is it? It was just here yesterday...
She looked around the tables and noticed a Hufflepuff sitting at a table alone, with 1,000 Magical Herbs and Fungi in front of her.
She walked over.
"Hey, uhm, do you think I could take a look at that when you are done?" Valora said in a whisper.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brey-scape.tk
bloomingviolets

bloomingviolets

PostSubject: Re: Studying in the Library   Studying in the Library EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 5:29 am

Alice turned around to see who was speaking. It was Valora. She was that Ravenclaw who wanted to be a Slytherin right?
"Sure," she replied. "I'll be done with it soon."
Back to top Go down
omgits_aubrey

omgits_aubrey

PostSubject: Re: Studying in the Library   Studying in the Library EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 6:02 am

Valora sat next to Alice, waiting. She felt a bit awkward. The way Alice had looked at her was the way everyone else did, she probably knew about Valora's hate for her house.
The room was quiet, too quiet for Valora. She hated the awkward silences. She glanced at Alice through the corner of her eye. She thought she had seen her before in the forest with a Gryffindor, but couldn't be sure who it was. Were they dating?
"So, are you going to the Fools Ball?" Valora whispered. She knew she should be leaving Alice alone to study, but the quiet was killing her.
Back to top Go down
bloomingviolets

bloomingviolets

PostSubject: Re: Studying in the Library   Studying in the Library EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 6:04 am

"Yes, I am," Alice replied. "Who's your date to the ball?"
Back to top Go down
omgits_aubrey

omgits_aubrey

PostSubject: Re: Studying in the Library   Studying in the Library EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 6:14 am

"Oh, well, I don't really know yet. I think I may be going with a Ravenclaw boy." Valora thought of Stin and their day at the lake. "But, who knows if he will back out on me. What about you? Do you have a date yet?"
Valora looked at the Hufflepuff girl. She was very cute and Valora envied her brown, straight hair. She played with her own blond curls.
Back to top Go down
bloomingviolets

bloomingviolets

PostSubject: Re: Studying in the Library   Studying in the Library EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 6:18 am

"Oh, I'm going with Caleb Hathaway," she said. "He's a Gryffindor."
She quickly scribbled down some more notes on her piece of parchment.
Back to top Go down
omgits_aubrey

omgits_aubrey

PostSubject: Re: Studying in the Library   Studying in the Library EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 6:30 am

Caleb, Caleb, Caleb.
The name didn't ring a bell, but she assumed it was the boy that she had spotted her with down my the lake earlier that week.
Valora smiled, "That will be cool. I bet you are excited to go, it should be a blast." Valora looked over at Alice, who's nose was burried in a book. Assuming she was annoying her, she slowly scooted her chair back and stood up.
"Well, anyway, just let me know when you are finished. I think I will go browse the shelves a bit more."
Back to top Go down
bloomingviolets

bloomingviolets

PostSubject: Re: Studying in the Library   Studying in the Library EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 6:33 am

"I'm done with this now," Alice replied as she hastily closed the book and handed it to Valora. "I've got to get going. I'm going to finish this in the Hufflepuff common room. It was nice meeting you."
Alice smiled and walked out of the library.
Back to top Go down
omgits_aubrey

omgits_aubrey

PostSubject: Re: Studying in the Library   Studying in the Library EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 6:39 am

Hmmm, I guess she was irritated.
She took the book from Alice and watched her walk off towards the library doors.

Valora sat down at the table she had just stood up from and opened the cover. The pages were a bit sticky from the constant use, but she managed to get them apart without tearing the pages. She flipped through them slowly, look at every image, then stopped on the page she was looking for;

Alihotsy - uses and abuses.
Note: Eating the leaves of this plant can produce serious cases of hysteria....

Valora smiled and read on.
Back to top Go down
luv_those_faeries__

luv_those_faeries__

PostSubject: Re: Studying in the Library   Studying in the Library EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 9:10 am

Liliane Aloise hurried into the library. Her hair was yet again pulled quickly into a ponytail.
Why am I always so behind on my work?
She quickly slid into a chair and took out a fresh piece of parchment. She was behind in all of her classes except charms. It was always charms she had succeed in most. Liliane quickly jumped up and ran to the nearest book shelf
"Advanced Rune Translation, Advanced Rune Translation, Advanced Rune Translation." she muttered under her breath
Back to top Go down
tsuchi_no_uta

tsuchi_no_uta

PostSubject: Studying in the Library   Studying in the Library EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 10:28 am

Eleonore was impressed with how many books were here, almost as much as her 'Dad'. She was tapping her fingers gingerly over the spines when she heard a girl mutter under her breath. Apparently she was looking for a book called, Advanced Rune Translation. She saw it not far back, so she backtracked quietly letting her fingers run across spines.

'Aha, found it.' Eleonore thought, proud of herself.

She peeked through the side of the bookcase and said, "You looking for this?"

Oh great, it was a slytherin. Eleonore tried her best smile as she held the book aout quite a few feet away.
Back to top Go down
ehnnie25

ehnnie25

PostSubject: Re: Studying in the Library   Studying in the Library EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 1:32 pm

Lucille scooted into the library, drumming her fingers at her sides. She didn't want to be seen here. The last place she wanted to be in on such a beautiful day was the musty old library, but she had to force herself...she was seriously going to fail her Muggle Studies class if she didn't start some progress now.

She looked around and gulped. Great. People...lots of them. So much for not wanting to be seen. She tried to spot a familiar face, and was grateful to find Valora at a far table, looking absorbed in a book. Well, she certainly looked like a real Ravenclaw now.

She didn't want to bother her, so Lucille crept to the bookshelves (where another Slytherin and a Gryffindor were) and peered her eyes at the spines, looking for anything related to Muggles. Even if the idea did creep her out.
Back to top Go down
xaee24smcx

xaee24smcx

PostSubject: Re: Studying in the Library   Studying in the Library EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 8:57 pm

Adelina snatched a roll of parchment from the 3rd year ravenclaw.
Her name was Angela or something like that.
Adelina refused to do muggle studies homework.
It was against her nature.
So she got someone else to.
"This better get me an E or there will be trouble." Adelina muttered threateningly to the girl.
"I-I-It w-will Adelina" the girl stuttered.

Noticing Lucille entering the Library, Adelina wandered over.
Liliane was also there.
They both hated the library, so to find them both looking at books was astounding.

"Hey Lucille, Hey Liliane." Adelina spoke cheerfully, undisturbed by the scowls now emerging from the Ravenclaws hard at study.
Back to top Go down
omgits_aubrey

omgits_aubrey

PostSubject: Re: Studying in the Library   Studying in the Library EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 1:50 am

Valora peered up form her book and watch a little drama that was going on in the library.
"This better get me an E or there will be trouble." a Slytherin girl hissed at some 3rd year Valora had never seen before.
"I-I-It w-will Adelina" the young girl stuttered back.
Valora couldn't help but giggle to herself a little.
Poor girl.
She stuck her nose back in her book, and began looking for more interestingly vicious herbs, when she was, again, interrupted.
"Hey Lucille, Hey Liliane." the rude Slytherin girl from before said quite loudly.
Lucille?
Valora looked up and saw her friend, well she assumed they were friends anyway. They had spent the day talking to each other at Madam Puddifoot's not too long ago. She thought of approaching her an saying hi, but felt awkward with all the other Slytherins Lucille was with. They probably thought she was just another know-it-all Ravenclaw. She glanced at the clock and realized she had been sitting there for quite some time. Valora gathered her things, and walked out the library doors, leaving her book on the table.
Back to top Go down
ehnnie25

ehnnie25

PostSubject: Re: Studying in the Library   Studying in the Library EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 9:48 am

Lucille stopped glaring at the book spines to see Adelina approaching her. "Hello Adelina," she greeted back, a slight smile forming on her face. She had seen what Adelina did to the little Ravenclaw, and was, of course, quite amused."Let's hope she didn't purposely do a bad homework for you."

She giggled and took out a heavy book from the shelf, entitled Home Life and Social Habits of British Muggles. "Ew," she said to herself, knitting her eyebrows at the title. Surely Muggles weren't any more interesting than wizards? She shrugged and walked over to the librarian to check the book out.

For a brief moment, she saw Valora exit the library doors, and Lucille frowned a little. She hoped Valora didn't feel uncomfortable or anything...She would make a good friend, to be honest. She followed her out the door.

Last edited by ehnnie25 on Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
luv_those_faeries__

luv_those_faeries__

PostSubject: Re: Studying in the Library   Studying in the Library EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 7:50 pm

"You looking for this?"
Liliane quickly turned around to see a Gryffindor girl holding Advanced Rune Translation.
Gryffindor....eh.
"Thank you," she mumbled as she quickly grabbed the book.
She began to walk away from the Gryffindor but turned right back around. Mom had always said she needed more friends, but this was a Gryffindor. Still, she could try.
"I'm Liliane," she said while forcing a smile.
Back to top Go down
tsuchi_no_uta

tsuchi_no_uta

PostSubject: Studying in the Library   Studying in the Library EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 8:55 am

Eleonore wasn't very surprised when the Slytherin quickly yanked the book out of her hands, but she was surprised when she turned back around. "I'm Liliane."

Eleonore gave a brief smile, something was odd, but she decided to be nice... not like she had many friends so far anyway. "Hi, I'm Eleonore."
Back to top Go down
luv_those_faeries__

luv_those_faeries__

PostSubject: Re: Studying in the Library   Studying in the Library EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 9:00 am

Eleonore. What a pretty name.
"I absolutely love you name! Well um...." Liliane sat down at a table and opened her book to page 235.
Need a topic. Need a topic. Need a topic.
"Eleonore, do you have a date to the Ball yet?"
Oh what a cheesy thing to say, I'm such an idiot.
Back to top Go down
tsuchi_no_uta

tsuchi_no_uta

PostSubject: Studying in the Library   Studying in the Library EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 9:15 am

This Liliane, she was actually really very nice. Eleonore smiled at her compliment and gave a small thanks.

"Eleonore, do you have a date to the Ball yet?" she asked.

Eleonore almost blushed from embarrassment, "No, actually I don't know many people. I just transferred here from Romania." She sat down next to Liliane and asked her, "Well, what about you? I'm sure you have a long line of boys wanting to go with you." She smiled kindheartedly.
Back to top Go down
luv_those_faeries__

luv_those_faeries__

PostSubject: Re: Studying in the Library   Studying in the Library EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 9:17 am

"Romania? Is it nice there? Oh and yeah. Freddie, from Slytherin, asked me. Nothing like official you know. Just dates," Liliane shrugged her shoulder.
Long line of boys....
"He's also the only boy that asked me, but thanks about the whole 'long line'," she laughed.
Back to top Go down
tsuchi_no_uta

tsuchi_no_uta

PostSubject: Re: Studying in the Library   Studying in the Library EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 8:40 am

Eleonore smiled, remembering her old 'home', "Romania is fantastic. I miss it there... the castle isn't quite as impressive as Hogwarts though." she paused, "Freddie, huh? I guess I'd better get out more. Never meet him." there was a brief pause which made Eleonore a bit uncomfortable, so she continued, "What's he like?"
Back to top Go down
luv_those_faeries__

luv_those_faeries__

PostSubject: Re: Studying in the Library   Studying in the Library EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 9:12 am

Liliane smiled.
"You'll have to take me to Romania one time, okay?" she laughed.
"What's he like?" she said, asking about Freddie.
"Well he's mighty gorgeous, haha. I haven't gotten to know him much but he seems sweet. He's such a flirt though. I mean I guess it's okay. We're just going to the ball together. It's not like we're boyfriend and girlfriend," she shrugged.
That would be awfully lovely though. Him my boyfriend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Studying in the Library   Studying in the Library Empty

Back to top Go down

Studying in the Library
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Squib Roleplay :: First Term :: School Grounds-
Jump to: