Squib Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Snooping around Rebecca Lawsons' classroom

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kaileen_

kaileen_

Snooping around Rebecca Lawsons' classroom Empty
PostSubject: Snooping around Rebecca Lawsons' classroom   Snooping around Rebecca Lawsons' classroom EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 9:04 am

Cassie knelt next to the potions teacher's desk, feeling the floor with a flick of her hand. Nothing here that would hint at the use of magic.

Stupid teachers. If their subject didn't require magic, they never used it.

She stooped down lower, feeling for a key hole, and as her hands passed over the smooth wood, something caught her eye.

A flyer...? She thought, pulling herself upright and grabbing the paper with grace comparable to an ogre. Still, she was curious. And when Cassie Barlow was curious, she wasn't too graceful.

She could feel her head still pounding from last night's intake of Firewhisky at the ball, and she leaned against Lawson's desk in order to steady herself. Unfortunately, the desk must have been about a million years old and was at maximum stress from all of the papers on it, so when she shifted her wand into a more comfortable position, the desk ended up splitting down the middle, with papers oozing out every which way, like a sandwich with too much contents.

Great. Just great. The noise was bound to attract someone. She held her breath and tried to look innocent as the footsteps outside the door paused.
Back to top Go down
Bella

Bella

PostSubject: Re: Snooping around Rebecca Lawsons' classroom   Snooping around Rebecca Lawsons' classroom EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 9:22 am

Bella walked into the Potions classroom hoping to see Professor Becca Lawson. She wanted to see if the professor could correct her essay.
"CRASH!" was all Bella heard and she sprinted to the Potions room. When she peeked inside, she saw Cassie, who had just broken the professor's desk.

"What are you doing in here?" Bella asked, "And where's Professor Lawson?"
Back to top Go down
Nikapants

Nikapants

PostSubject: Re: Snooping around Rebecca Lawsons' classroom   Snooping around Rebecca Lawsons' classroom EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 9:31 am

Preston was not far behind Bella - because they have the same next class-
when he heard a earsplitting crash. The girl in front of him rushed into the
potions room looking frettful. He couldnt help but follow. Preston was curious
to see who caused the clatter himself.

"No need to hassle the girl." Preston murmured, amused at the sight of a
rifted table. Potions papers? Perfect time to find out my grade. He had a
feeling it wont be a good mark.
Back to top Go down
kaileen_

kaileen_

PostSubject: Re: Snooping around Rebecca Lawsons' classroom   Snooping around Rebecca Lawsons' classroom EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 9:32 am

"I'm... uhh... uhh..." She spluttered, unable to come up with an excuse for once. "Lawson's not here. There's some big teacher's meeting."

She glared at Bella, as if daring her to contradict, and as her eyes fell to the floor, she sucked in her breath.

Devil's Snare. Making its way toward her.

What kind of teacher puts Devil's Snare in their desk?"

Was it going for Bella, Preston, or for her? She watched the tendril inch forward, and she edged farther away, but she was trapped by the window, and the papers still oozing out.
Back to top Go down
Bella

Bella

PostSubject: Re: Snooping around Rebecca Lawsons' classroom   Snooping around Rebecca Lawsons' classroom EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 9:38 am

"Oh, hello Preston, nice of you to join us," Bella said as she turned back to Cassie. "Well, come on, let's hurry up and fix this before Professor Lawson gets here."
Bella turned around to see a creepy plant crawling closer. She screamed and started backing away and accidently ran into Preston. After about ten seconds she realized what the plant was. "Lumos!" she yelled as she whipped out her wand and pointed it at the plant. It went back to it's pot and laid still.
Back to top Go down
kaileen_

kaileen_

PostSubject: Re: Snooping around Rebecca Lawsons' classroom   Snooping around Rebecca Lawsons' classroom EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 9:44 am

((Awh. I was hoping it would strangle someone and they would go to the hospital wing.))

"Why?" She asked coolly, narrowing her eyes further.

Least she knew a spell or two.

And that stupid plant was dead now.

But something was definitely up. Lawson had definitely not been acting like herself lately, and spending more and more time with Professor King.

Professor King was nice enough. So it must have had something to do with Lawson herself.

"Help me look for anything suspicious."

She held up the flyer triumphantly in her hand.
Back to top Go down
Bella

Bella

PostSubject: Re: Snooping around Rebecca Lawsons' classroom   Snooping around Rebecca Lawsons' classroom EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 9:51 am

"Okay!" Bella said excitedly. This was like those funny muggle detective TV shows.
Bella walked up to the desk and picked up a note she saw sticking out of a pile of papers. "Would this be considered suspicious?" She asked as she showed Cassie an invitation addressed to the Ms. Lawson from Mr. King.
"It says 'Please join me for dinner in my office tonight, just the two of us.' Eww... that's gross. Professor King REALLY sc
ares me."
Back to top Go down
Nikapants

Nikapants

PostSubject: Re: Snooping around Rebecca Lawsons' classroom   Snooping around Rebecca Lawsons' classroom EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 9:57 am

"The honors all yours." he chuckled as he heard the girl who broke the desk
studder. Caught in action. "No hurry. Lawsons probably busy dealing with
Professor King nevertheless." he snapped at bella,
annoyed at her hastiness. After all these years, he had never gotten used to
her up-tightness.

"Accio Potions test, Preston Cardova" singleing out his name and the object name.
A slip struggled out of the mound of paper, scatter on the floor and zipped past
the creeping devils snare. wait ... devils snare?! He caught his paper and
took bella's hit at the same time. "Thats what you get for rushing." he spat and
rolled his blue eyes. At least she got rid of the devil's snare.

Too bad for the plant. He came over there and pet the vines with paper.
he would use his hands but he didnt not feel like taking of the dark slime
that accompanied the touch.
Back to top Go down
kaileen_

kaileen_

PostSubject: Re: Snooping around Rebecca Lawsons' classroom   Snooping around Rebecca Lawsons' classroom EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 9:58 am

She chuckled slightly, looking over at Preston, who was also looting through the piles.

"Sure," she said. "Definately something suspicious with them."

((Sorry. I'm brain dead now.))
Back to top Go down
Bella

Bella

PostSubject: Re: Snooping around Rebecca Lawsons' classroom   Snooping around Rebecca Lawsons' classroom EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 10:01 am

ooc: moi too. This is HARD! I can't think of anything to post, so I'll wait for Niki, and see if I can play off that.
Back to top Go down
kaileen_

kaileen_

PostSubject: Re: Snooping around Rebecca Lawsons' classroom   Snooping around Rebecca Lawsons' classroom EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 10:09 am

"How'd you do on your test?" Cassie asked him, slightly amused.

Why didn't she think of that?

"Ooh, look at this guy's score." She laughed, wondering how anyone could ever get 130 percent on a test. Her eyes traveled up to the name, and she sighed. Stinnikus. Of course.

She spotted a gradebook on the floor, pausing momentarily to blast more Devil's Snare with light, and picked it up.

Cassie Barlow- P

She smirked and pulled out her wand to change it. Much better than knowing what your test score was.
Back to top Go down
Bella

Bella

PostSubject: Re: Snooping around Rebecca Lawsons' classroom   Snooping around Rebecca Lawsons' classroom EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 10:16 am

Bella scanned the the stack of papers until she came across her own. An O was written in red ink at the top of her paper. Yes! she thought. She had spent all night working on that.

ooc: Sorry for my short posts.
Back to top Go down
Nikapants

Nikapants

PostSubject: Re: Snooping around Rebecca Lawsons' classroom   Snooping around Rebecca Lawsons' classroom EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 10:36 am

Preston grimanced as he he heard the letter be read aloud.
"Professor King. Charming fellow isnt he. A little nuts in the head
but for some reason the female teachers always tend to wander
to his side." He rummaged around the room looking for more traces
of Mark King. "Accio paper: Mark King!"

He then caught an parchment related to King. Things seemed
a little too easy to be found him this room. He began to get suspicous.
Preston tried all the de-jixing and warning spell he could think of. One
finally hit the spot. His spell was meant to reveal anything hidden on the
paper.

Ive found a way to make the polyjuice potion last longer!
Come to my classroom and we'll discuss the matter.

4/17 Mark.

"They'be seen each other before. your parchment much be old."
Preston concluded. He handed then the paper.
Back to top Go down
xaee24smcx

xaee24smcx

PostSubject: Re: Snooping around Rebecca Lawsons' classroom   Snooping around Rebecca Lawsons' classroom EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 10:30 pm

Becca rushed down the corridor, she was late for her class. No doubt the students would be arriving now. She walked through the door. Thankfully only three students had arrived before her. What were they doing? They all seemed to have their papers in their hand. Why was her desk broke? The devil's snare! They've been in my desk!"What do you think you are doing?" She snarled, as she sent a summoning charm at the papers in their hand. She slammed the door behind her. With a few flicks of her wand her desk was back to normal, their papers were in her hand and three chairs were in front of her desk and the Professor had three small bottles in her hand. " Sit down and start talking" She muttered angrily as she browsed over the parchment that they were each looking at.
Back to top Go down
kaileen_

kaileen_

PostSubject: Re: Snooping around Rebecca Lawsons' classroom   Snooping around Rebecca Lawsons' classroom EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 4:32 am

"Um.." Cassie mumbled, before dropping a few papers and inconspicuously sitting down.

She wasn't even supposed to be in here for another 5 minutes....

Oh well. She was exposed. Might as well get on with it.

"What's with Professor King and you?" She asked Rebecca bluntly. Give her detention if she wanted, but there was no way Cassie was going to lose a nice opportunity to get information. "Have you been brewing Polyjuice Potion? And what's with your high security desk?"
Back to top Go down
Bella

Bella

PostSubject: Re: Snooping around Rebecca Lawsons' classroom   Snooping around Rebecca Lawsons' classroom EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 6:12 am

"Umm, well I was here to ask if you could check my potions essay which is due later today. You weren't here and Cassie and Preston came with me. We were just about to leave when we thought that maybe we could look at our homework grades and then your desk broke. We were just on our way out, so Preston, Cassie, and I will see you in last period today if you don't mind," she said nervously and then sighed and sat back down after she saw the glare that Lawson had given her.
Back to top Go down
xaee24smcx

xaee24smcx

PostSubject: Re: Snooping around Rebecca Lawsons' classroom   Snooping around Rebecca Lawsons' classroom EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 6:25 am

Becca glared at Bella until she sat down. She turned her head back to Cassie, was she questioning a teacher?
Becca chuckled a dark, menancing laugh. "Are you aware that it is within the head of house's powers to expel a student in their house?" She asked placing the bottles on the desk. "I believe you are in Ravenclaw. And your head of house is" Becca paused for effect. "Proffessor King."

It wasn't hard to get at what Becca was thinking. If this girl wanted to snoop, they'd soon get rid of her.
"And in any case what potions I brew are of no concern of yours." She replied, smiling a rather menancing smile.
"Anything else you'd like to ask whilst you are free to?"
Back to top Go down
kaileen_

kaileen_

PostSubject: Re: Snooping around Rebecca Lawsons' classroom   Snooping around Rebecca Lawsons' classroom EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 7:40 am

Oh shoot. Professor King was the head of Ravenclaw? When did that happen?

The answer came to her sluggishly, like the thought was attached to a rather slow slug. That had been happened at the beginning of this year.

"Just one last question..." She said, before mentally beating herself to a pulp, and changed the subject. "I was a little confused on the homework."

Teachers these days were so merciless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snooping around Rebecca Lawsons' classroom   Snooping around Rebecca Lawsons' classroom Empty

Back to top Go down

Snooping around Rebecca Lawsons' classroom
Page 1 of 1